Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Make your own kid safe scented oil paint

I am always exploring new ways to come up with things for the little ones to explore sensory play, fall time I saw this new Duncan Hines Frosting creations in pumpkin flavor and so we used it to make our scented pumpkin pie craft and the kids loved it.

So I thought about using it to make a fun oil paint for the bath for the kids and it worked great and smelled so good. You can also use it on white paper for kids to make fun pictures.



Materials:
Cooking oil (we used vegetable oil)
Duncan Hines Frosting creation pack(can find at most grocery stores down the baking aisle) 


To make I mixed 2 teaspoons of cooking oil and couple sprinkles of scented Duncan Hines frosting mix.




"C" loved smelling the paint brush, she kept saying "yummy momma, yummy" I liked doing this cause it gives you a better variety than kool-aid  cause there are 15 different scents to use.


Today we used  Cotton Candy, White Chocolate Raspberry, Strawberry Shortcake and Orange Creme

If you like to make your own simple, inexpensive, scented paints check out our kool-aid paint.


If you like to add scent to you play with kids be sure to check out some of the other fun things we've done.





Thanks for stopping by to see what fun stuff we are doing. Be sure to come follow us on
Pinterest
and
Facebook

5 comments:

  1. Hi Catherine ..I had fun making the FAKE SNOW ..LOL felt great to make it ..not sure what to do with it right now ..my grandkids are grown up ..I was wondering what would happen if i had it outdoors and it rained on it ..
    thank you so much
    GLORIA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post. I will visit your blog regularly for Some latest post.
    baby safety

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s really a great and useful piece of information. I am satisfied that you
    shared this helpful information with us. Cara Mengobati Sesak Nafas Beberapa Kandungan Manfaat Telur Ayam
    Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.
    Cara Ampuh Mencegah Serta Melawan Kanker Waspadai Nyeri Dada Akibat Gangguan Pada Jantung Pengobatan Herbal untuk Menyembuhkan Sakit Lutut

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all your posts. You are really good Thank you for the information you provided.
    Thank you for sharing interesting articles, but your articles make me believe.
    นอนที่ไหน

    ReplyDelete